High temperature exhaust pipe insulation or lagging.
Package Deal Suit Most V8 Engines
- 2 x Rolls Titanium Exhaust Wrap, 50mm wide x 15m long
- 8 x Stainless steel 20cm locking ties
- 2 x Stainless steel 40cm locking ties
Kool Wrap Titanium Exhaust Wrap or header tape is 25% stronger than regular wraps andcan handle up to 1,370°c. Our Titanium wrap is a high quality flexible insulating tape that keeps the heat inside the exhaust pipes and away from your engine bay and perfect to wrap your exhaust pipes.
Our Titanium Exhaust Wrap is made from crushed Lava rock called Basalt, a material that is naturally resistant to heat. It is very flexible, and a sky high melting point of 2500° Fahrenheit (1370°c) or 1800 degrees F (980°c) of continuous exposure.
Kool Wrap Titanium Exhaust Wrap can boost horsepower 2 ways.
1. By keeping exhaust heat inside your exhaust pipes, headers or extractors, you maintain exhaust gas velocity and in turn, exhaust gas scavenging. This means less exhaust gas left in the combustion chamber that can contaminate the incoming and precise air fuel mixture.
2. Most intake systems draw air from the under-bonnet area. Superhot extractors or headers heat up the engine bay and therefore the air that enters the engine. Hot air is less dense and contains fewer oxygen molecules. Less oxygen in the intake air means less horsepower. Kool Wrap can reduce under-bonnet heat by as much as 50% providing a cooler intake charge.
Excessive engine bay heat can kill horsepower as well as damage expensive components. And plenty of mechanics have burnt themselves on hot exhaust pipes over the years.
Kool Wrap Exhaust Wrap is relatively easy to install at home and each roll comes with instructions.
Kool Wrap is a manufacturer of professional heat protection products including Header Wrap, Heat Sleeves, Spark Plug Boot Shields and Turbo Blankets.
Our staff have 20+ years experience in the industry and have supplied heat protection components to leading V8 Supercar teams and to General Motors Holden.
|Dimensions||20 × 16 × 12 cm|