Adhesive 0.5mm Gold Flexible Heat Shield
NASA technology has been used to create our Gold Foil Adhesive Heat Shield. A micro thin layer of Gold Coloured Foil is encased in a high temperature polymer and backed by fibreglass and an adhesive backing. Use the Kool Wrap Adhesive Gold Foil Heat Shield to cool intake pipes and protect the underside of a bonnet, firewall or inner panels.Shop Now
Adhesive 1.5mm Silver Flexible Heat Shield
Our Kool Wrap Aluma Shield has become the go to product for car builders, aircraft manufacturers or anyone wanting to reflect maximum heat and provide a heat barrier to protect fuel tanks, the firewall, composite panels, kitchen cupboards or anywhere where heat can potentially cause damage. Available in 3 sizes.Shop Now
Adhesive 4.0mm Silver Flexible Heat Shield-Light Duty
The Aluma Shield II adhesive Heat Shield is 4.0mm thick and you can adhere this sheet material to any surface where excess heat is a problem.Shop Now
Adhesive 5.0mm Silver Flexible Heat Shield-Heavy Duty
The heavy duty Aluma Shield II Heavy Duty has a thicker aluminium foil facing and is perfect under a car where the hot exhaust is heating the floor and making life uncomfortable for the occupants. Can be used for many applications.Shop Now
Embossed Semi Rigid Heat Shields
The Kool Wrap multi-layer embossed aluminium heat shields are semi- rigid and easy to fold and form to suit your requirements. It is the most effective way to control and manage radiant exhaust heat problems.
These sheets can reduce heat by up to 90%. Easy to cut with tin snips or scissors, simply fold and form edges with a hammer on a square edge.Shop Now
Kool Wrap manufactures a range of Heat Shield products including:
Semi Rigid Embossed Heat Shield Panels
Adhesive Flexible Heat Shield Adhesive Sheets
Heat Reflective Adhesive Tapes
Use Kool Wrap heat shield products to protect:
Fuel tanks or cells
Or anywhere where radiant heat is causing problems or discomfort
Kool Wrap Heat Shield – The easy way to keep your engine cool
As cars become more advanced, they also produce an alarming amount of heat. As engines heat up, they emit large amounts of thermal energy. A lot of this can destroy internal components and bodywork if not protected by a suitable heat shield that reduces intake temperatures under the hood – giving performance benefits too.
What is a Heat Shield?
The heat shield is designed to protect an object from overheating by dissipating, reflecting or absorbing the excess energy. It does this with a gradual burn away and falls off for its protection against fire.
Depending on what kind of car or truck one drives in, there may be different styles available. Heat shields vary widely in price, but most types are easy to install using clips or high-temperature tape methods depending on what you need them for.
Let’s put it in simple words, a heat shield, primarily made of aluminium, fibreglass or fibreglass yarn, basalt, stainless steel, and silica, works as a barrier to resist heat to get through. We manufacture industry-standard heat shields for multiple purposes.
For instance, if you watch a television placed by the fireplace, the television will absorb the heat coming out from the fireplace. By placing a heat shield, you can give a barrier that will stop the television from absorbing heat and protecting its internal components.
Another popular heat shield we produce is called the “insulator”. The job of the insulator heat shield is to retain the heat instead of letting it go out. We produce the best quality automotive heat shield used for manufacturing vehicles and other industrial purposes. Our heat shields are engineered by the industry stalwarts to efficiently adjust with multiple industrial manufacturing by trapping the underhood heat at the source.
How does a heat shield work?
There are three types of heat issues- conductive heat, convective heat and radiant heat. Before placing an order or selecting the heat shield, it is essential to know your heat issue.
- Conductive heat is transmitted from one object to the other with direct contact.
- Convective heat occurs when the heat transfers between a solid object and a volatile fluid or gas.
- When the heat radiates from the heat source to a component, without direct contact is when the Radiant heat occurs.
The insulation or the heat shield you need depends totally on the type of heat you deal with. There are three different solutions to mitigate these three heat issues, and those are—
- Dissipation- A dissipater is specially engineered fabrics or coatings that displace thermal energy. Our automotive or Engine Cover Heat Shield efficiently ensures protection to the engine on the other side of the shield by withstanding the heat passing through it. Dissipaters manufactured in Kool Wrap are rarer in availability and usage.
- Insulators- Products like exhaust heat shields, primarily used for heat shield insulation, support trapping heat from the source. Trapping heat is considered effective for multiple usages to protect the components and improve performance.
- Reflection- Known as the most commonly utilised heat shield for mitigating heat, these are widely popular for the availability and effectiveness to bounce back from the surface of the automotive or engine cover heat shield.
What are different types of Heat Shield?
The automotive industry has been working hard to make your car as efficient and comfortable for you, the driver. One way they’ve done this is by developing new types of heat shields that can be made from either aluminium or steel with different levels in between depending on what best suits each vehicle’s needs.
Here are different types of heat shields:-
- The rigid automotive heat shield is a popular choice for car owners who want to keep their vehicles safe from harm. Thanks partly due to its durability—these things will last through anything. And there are no worries about rusting either; many newer products use an aluminium sheet exterior.
- The flexible heat shield:- Come in flat sheets often made from thin aluminium, which can be bent to provide protection against high temperature.
- Textile heat shields;- Consist of cotton fabric with an insulation layer applied via plasma spraying. It can be used at any place where exhaust fumes or other fluids could be damaged from high temperatures.
Where to find the best heat shield?
Kool Wrap, the most significant heat shield protection provider in Australia, has varieties of heat shields which are easy to install and at a great price.
We are experts in manufacturing heat shields for various purposes such as—
- Automotive Heat Shields
- Engine Cover Heat Shield
- Motorcycle heat shields
- Marine Exhaust Insulation Products
- Welding heat shields
- Home or DIY heat shields
- Industrial insulation wraps
- Heavy Duty Insulation wraps
- Mining heat shields
Let’s look at the advantages of buying the heat shield from Kool Wrap—
- Our heat shield wraps are strategically engineered to ensure 100% durability
- Easy interior and exterior application
- Experience fast and easy installation of our heat shields
- We quote affordable prices for the best quality heat shield wraps
- Kool Wrap guarantees 100% protection